- Prime Minister participated in the 15th G20 Summit convened by Saudi Arabia, on 21-22 November, 2020.
- The Summit, which saw participation of respective Heads of State/ Government of 19 member countries, EU, other invited countries and international organizations, was conducted in virtual format in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Summit under Saudi Presidency centered on the theme “Realizing Opportunities of 21st Century for All” which has assumed greater importance in the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The agenda of the Summit is spread out over two days with two sessions focused on overcoming the pandemic, economic recovery and restoring jobs, and building an inclusive, sustainable and resilient future.
- There are also side events planned on the two days on pandemic preparedness and on safeguarding the planet.
- PM called for a new Global Index for the Post-Corona World that comprises four key elements – creation of a vast Talent Pool; ensuring that Technology reaches all segments of the society; Transparency in systems of governance; and dealing with Mother Earth with a spirit of Trusteeship.
- Based on this, the G20 can lay the foundation of a new world.
- The 15th G20 Leaders’ Summit would continue on 22 November 2020 culminating in the adoption of the Leaders’ Declaration and with Saudi Arabia passing on the Presidency to Italy.
Credit – PIB